Funded by a DECAT grant, Career Connect engages 6th-12th grade students in thinking about and planning for their futures. Students learn about options for future success through college visits, tours of local employers, job readiness workshops, and volunteer service projects. For more information on the current Career Connect schedule, contact Malcolm Blough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018 Career Connect Schedule is:
June 4: How do I pay for College?
June 5: How do I get Hired?
June 6: Mainframe Studios
June 7: Understanding Education and Non-Profit
June 18: Lifetime Fitness
June 19: Shade Tree Auto
June 20: Baker Group
June 21: Des Moines University
For more information about all of the workshops and field trips, Click Here If you know a middle or high school student who is interested in attending Career Connect this summer, contact Malcolm at email@example.com to register!
Career Connect strives to:
- provide students with a wide variety of new experiences through volunteer service projects, tours of local employers, college visits, and job readiness workshops.
- grow students’ knowledge of how to prepare for college and the opportunities available to them after graduation.
A typical meeting for Career Connect:
- Students arrive at CYC and prepare for the day’s event.
- CYC staff transports students to and from the tour/workshop.
- Debrief and reflection about the tour/workshop.
Past events have included tours of John Deere, Kemin Industries, Hubbell Realty, DMACC, Grandview, and World Food Prize.