Chrysalis Girls Group
Girls Group is an after school group for middle school girls that meets once a week at Urbandale Middle School and Woodside Middle School. The purpose of the group is to create a safe, fun space for girls to transition through middle school, make friends, and participate in volunteer service projects. This purpose is accomplished through activities such as service projects, field trips, interacting with guest speakers, and doing crafts.
Girls Group strives to ensure that girls:
- feel connected to their communities through team building, service projects, and field trips.
- use their voices to plan and lead projects so they feel invested in their service from start to finish.
- develop leadership and teamwork skills to ease the transition through middle school.
A typical meeting for Girls Group:
- Ice-breaker or getting to know you game
- Activity based around our monthly themes, which may include topics such as health & wellness, financial literacy, or science